Lake Tahoe’s North Shore and Truckee have nine courses to choose from, including popular Coyote Moon, Northstar-at-Tahoe, Resort at Squaw Creek, Tahoe Donner Golf Course, Old Greenwood, Ponderosa, Old Brockway and Tahoe City Course. There are also eight more courses within the surrounding areas.
From Truckee to Tahoe City there are plenty of neighborhoods on or near a golf course. A few of these include: Ponderosa Fairway Estates, Sierra Meadows, Northstar, Timilick, Lahontan, Gray’s Crossing, Old Greenwood, Alpine Meadows, Olympic Village, Tahoe City & Kings Beach.
Lake Tahoe Area Golf Courses
- Coyote Moon: 1 mile off of Donner Pass Rd. in Truckee. 18 Hole Length: 7177. Par: 72. They have Carts, Shop, Restaurant, Snack Bar and a Bar. 530-587-0886
- Gray’s Crossing: Peter Jacobsen & Jim Hardy designed course at 6,000 feet. A Private 18-hole championship course. Club Amenities are sensational. 530-550-9400
- Martis Camp: A new private Golf Course community that offers unparalleled luxury. Acreage homesites throughout a private Tom Fazio golf course are available. Martis Camp also has its own ski lift accessing Northstar at Tahoe.
- Old Brockway: 7999 North Lake Blvd. Kings Beach. 9 Hole. Length: 3237. Par: 35. Pro Shop, Driving Range, Restaurant & Bar. (530) 546-9909
- Old Greenwood: Jack Nicklaus signature course on 600 acres in Truckee. Golf Magazine voted as one of the 10 best public golf courses in the country. 530-550-9400
- Ponderosa: Highway 267 one mile south of Truckee. 9 Hole. Length: 3018. Par 36. They have a Pro Shop, Driving Range and
Snack Bar. (530) 587-3501
- Northstar At Tahoe: Highway 267 between Kings Beach and Truckee. 18 Hole. Length: 6890. Par: 72. Carts are mandatory before 12:30. They have a Pro Shop, Driving Range, Restaurant, Snack Bar, and a Bar. (530) 562-1010
- Resort At Squaw Creek: Squaw Valley. 18 Hole. Length: 7000.Par :71. Carts, Pro Shop, Driving Range, 4 Restaurants and a Bar.
- Tahoe City: On Highway 89, 583-1516. 9 Hole. Length: 2696. Par: 33. Carts, Driving Range, Restaurant & Bar. (530) 581-6627
- Tahoe Donner: Northwoods Blvd. 3 miles off of Donner Pass Rd. in Truckee. 18 Hole. Length: 6899. Par: 72. Carts, Driving Range. Food & Drink: Restaurant, Snack Bar, and a Bar. (530) 587-9440
- Timilick: Located in Martis Valley near Downtown Truckee. 6,000 feet with views of Northstar and the Carson Range. Par 71 & 7,000 square feet. 2 Clubhouses with full bar and restaurants. 530-587-9909
Incline Village Golf Courses
- Championship Course: Located at 955 Fairway Boulevard, Semi-private, 18 hole, par 71
- Mountain Course: Located at 690 Wilson Way, Semi-private, par 58, 866-925-GOLF or 775-325-8801
- Edgewood Golf Course: Located at 100 Lake Parkway Stateline, NV 89449
Truckee/North Tahoe Acreage Property
Another great aspect of the Tahoe area is the acreage property and horse property. Subdivisions near ranching/horses include Loyalton, Calpine, Sierraville, Sierra Brooks, Pannonia Ranchos, Russell Valley, Hobart Mills, Glenshire, Alpine Meadows & Olympic Village.
Squaw Valley, Tahoe Donner and Alpine Meadows all have an equestrian center within their resort. There are many trails in the area that allow for horse traffic including Glenshire (a Truckee Community).
Horseback Riding through Sierra Nevadas
- Camp Richardson’s Corral: 4 Emerald Bay Road (at Fallen Leaf Road), South Lake Tahoe, CA (530) 541-3113 All rides are guided and at a walk – Kids have to be 6 yrs or older – weight limit of 225 lbs. – Reservations are Required Open: Summer for Horseback Riding – Winter Fun – Snowy Sleigh Rides – December through March
- Cascade Stables: 2199 Cascade Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA ,(530) 541-2055 OPEN: June – September. Please call for rates & times.
- Verdi Trails West, Inc.: 175 Trelease Lane, Verdi, NV, (775) 345-7600 or toll-free (888) 345-7603, OPEN: Year ‘Round ; Ten minutes from Reno via I-80 West to Exit 2; bear right off exit; first left on Trelease Lane; ½ mile to ranch..
- Zephyr Cove Stables: Highway 50, 4 miles north of casinos at Zephyr Cove Resort, Zephyr Cove, NV, (775) 588-5664 OPEN: mid April through mid November
- More Equestrian Centers: Alpine Meadows Stables, Tahoe Donner, Squaw Valley, Russell Valley
Lake Tahoe Disc Golf Courses
- Bijou Disc Golf – Varied fairways with 100′ pines, 3 seasonal pond hazards, open mountain meadows and slight elevation changes. Click on link for PDGA page.
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort – Open late June-Oct. Along the Sierra Crest – base elevation 7,800′. Hike through old growth, over creeks and open meadows while challenging your disc skills. Contact us for info on our disc tournament series. Click on the link for PDGA page.
- Zephyr Cove – In the high Sierra on Lake Tahoe’s east shore. Major elevation. Hiking boots and long pants recommended (6 fairways with manzanitas). Click on link for PDGA page.
- Truckee Regional Park –On the southern bank of the Truckee. 2-4 pin placements per hole. Great views of surrounding Sierras. Park offers fishing, hiking, mtn. biking, rodeo grounds and amphitheater. Click on the link to view PDGA page.
- Tahoe Vista Regional DGC – Mix of tight and open holes through manzanita and mountainside pines. 3$/car. Smoking ban in effect. Click on the link to view PDGA Page.