The first winter edition of the Alpenglow Mountain Festival February 16th through March 2, 2014.
The festival, which is presented by Nature’s Bakery, is a celebration of human-powered events, clinics, presentations, film and more. For beginning and intermediate winter recreation enthusiasts and will showcase nordic skiing, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and natural history events.
Activities include daily ski tours and clinics, presentations and natural history excursions for outdoor enthusiasts. Most events are free, but space is limited and participants are encouraged to register online to assure spots.
A complete events schedule and map of locations can be downloaded from www.alpenglowsports.com.
Festival highlights include:
• Guided snowshoe, backcountry and nordic ski tours
• Cross-country skills and waxing clinics
• Avalanche safety skills clinics
• Presentations by leading athletes, historians and recreational enthusiasts
• The Dynafit Nachtspektakel, a German night ski touring event
• Gran Fondo nordic ski event with Olympian and Clif Bar athlete Katerina Nash
• Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival
• Lake Tahoe nordic ski demo event
• AIARE certified field and classroom avalanche clinics
Raffle prizes from sponsors will be available and 100 percent of proceeds will benefit the nonprofit High Fives Foundation.
Alpenglow Sports is a Tahoe City-based shop that has been providing locals and tourists with inspiration, local knowledge and equipment to enjoy the great outdoors for more than 35 years.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!